- An advanced mechanism retracts the specimen into the body of the holder, which seals and isolates the specimen from the surrounding atmosphere
- Ideal for sensitive specimens that can be altered by environmental conditions
- Optimized for transferring specimens under vacuum or in the presence of inert gas
- Provides a large field of view in transmission electron microscopes (TEMs) possessing a ST or wider gap pole piece
- Capable of tilting to ±70°; can be used for tomography in microscopes with pole-piece gaps > 5 mm
- Accepts 3 mm specimens or specimen grids
- Available for both Thermo Fisher Scientific and JEOL TEMs
Vacuum transfer for TEMs
The Model 2560 Vacuum Transfer Tomography Holder is a single-axis holder capable of tilting ± 70° and is designed for room-temperature applications. The holder provides a large field of view in TEMs possessing a ST or wider gap pole piece.
Specimen protection from atmosphere
For specimen protection during transfer to the TEM, an advanced mechanism retracts the specimen into the body of the holder, which in turn seals and isolates the specimen from the surrounding atmosphere. The holder is ideal for sensitive specimens that can be altered by environmental conditions; the specimen can be transferred in the presence of vacuum or an inert gas environment.
Loading TEM specimens in vacuum or an inert atmosphere requires the use of a glove box; the Vacuum Transfer Tomography Holder is designed specifically for use with a glove box to ensure specimen protection and successful transfer to the TEM.
Simple specimen loading and transfer
加载一个标本,放置loadin持有人g stand and open the specimen spring clamp with the clamp tool. Once the glove box is pumped, use tweezers to place the specimen in the holder. Retract the specimen within the holder; the spring clamp secures the specimen automatically without the need of the clamp tool. The specimen is now in a vacuum/an inert environment and ready for transfer to the TEM.
Accepts 3 mm specimen or grid
The holder tip accepts a 3 mm diameter TEM specimen or grid, which is secured with a spring clamp. When engaged, the clamp provides a secure force on the edge of the specimen and maximizes specimen visibility, even at high-tilt angles.
Gather tomographic data
The Vacuum Transfer Tomography Holder tilts ± 70° and can be used to gather tomographic data in TEMs with a pole-piece gap > 5 mm.
Fischione’s advanced tomography holders are compatible with the TEM’s touch-alarm that stops goniometer movement in the event that a pole touch occurs. Always be aware of the TEM’s pole-piece configuration and follow the microscope manufacturer’s recommendation for operating the goniometer at high-tilt angles.
All Fischione advanced tomography holders come with a dedicated loading stand for secure specimen handling, tools to assist in specimen loading and clamping, and a FischioneModel 9010 Vacuum Storage Containerfor storing the holder in a clean, vacuum environment.